2016 FIRST Stronghold
2015- Recycle Rush
It was a great competition season for Metal Muscle. The game this year was to make a robot that could pick up and stack totes and top them with recycle bins. I know, I was skeptical too…. How could that be a fun game? As the build season commenced though it was great seeing our team pull together with ideas and plans. Once competition season started, we found out how this challenge could be a fun game!
Event# 1 – FIM District – Kettering University Event, Flint, MI
- Metal Muscle won the Entrepreneurship Award!
- Placed 4th in the finals matches!
Event# 2 – FIM District – Great Lakes Bay Region Event, Midland, MI
- Took home another Entrepreneurship Award!
- Placed 2nd in the finals – took home silver!
Event# 3 – FIRST in Michigan District Championship, Grand Rapids, MI
- Placed 36 out of the 102 teams that competed
- Qualified for the World Championship!!
Event#4 – FIRST Championship, St. Louis, MO
- Played on the Curie Field with some great teams and had a great time!
Check out our Facebook page!
2015 Kettering District Event
FIRST is an organization that is made to inspire and motivate K-12 students in science and technology. We are based out of Kettering University in Flint, Michigan, with students from a variety of schools in Genesee and Oakland counties.