Category: Nov 2 2021
KDS Wants Your Feedback
Kettering Dining Services is conducting a fall satisfaction survey until next Thursday, Nov. 11.
For every survey completed, $1 will be donated to the Michigan Food Bank.
To complete the survey, click here.
Registration Open for Spring Employment Fair
Celebration of Excellence on Nov. 11
You’re invited to celebrate True Kettering brilliance from noon to 2 p.m. next Thursday, Nov. 11 at the Celebration of Excellence.
The hybrid event will be in the Founders Room on the fifth floor of the Campus Center and livestreamed. It will feature teaching, research and staff awards.
To RSVP, click here.
Alternate Academic Schedule A will be in place.
KDS November Special Events
The following are KDS special events:
- Nov. 4: Bulldog movie-theme day in Sunrise Cafe
- Nov. 6: Family Day/Robotics
- Nov. 7: Daylight saving time ends/fall back
- Nov. 9: Charleston Big City Eats
- Nov. 11: National Sundae Day
- Nov. 13: Discover Kettering brunch in Sunrise Cafe
- Nov. 18: Thanksgiving feast in Sunrise Cafe
- Nov. 25-28: Closed
- Nov. 30: National Mousse Day
Volunteers Needed for FIRST LEGO League Event
Volunteers are needed for a FIRST LEGO League event Saturday, Nov. 20, in the Founders Room on the fifth floor of the Campus Center.
The volunteers will judge, score, work check-in and more. Food will be provided.
Shifts are available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To volunteer, email John Wolfert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Albert Sobey Lecture Series on Nov. 10
Denise Gray ’86, President of LG Energy Solution Michigan Inc. Tech Center, will speak at the Fall Albert Sobey Lecture Series at 5:30 p.m., next Wednesday, Nov. 10, in the Sunset Room of the Campus Center.
The event will be livestreamed for anyone who is unable to attend.
To RSVP, click here.
Welcome New Bulldog Colleague
Fall Employment Fair a Success
Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped with the Fall Employment Fair on Oct. 26. Sixty employers attended and networked with 135 students regarding Co-op opportunities. Thanks to Dynamic Focus Photography, more than 80 students had their professional headshot taken for their LinkedIn profile.
IT October Newsletter Available
The IT October Newsletter is now available. This month’s edition covers the following topics:
- Cybersecurity tip: Sharing is not always caring
- IT staff updates
- New KU Wallet experience coming soon
- Request technology support
- Ellucian upgrades, features and training
- Kettering Connect upgrades
- Esports update
- Google and Zoom updates
- Technology quick tips
- IT upgrades and maintenance schedules
To view the newsletter, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the Technology Help Desk at HelpDesk@kettering.edu or (810) 237-8324.
Bulldog Movie Night on Thursday
B-Section SAC Accepting Applications
The B-Section Student Alumni Council (SAC) is accepting applications for new members.
In the SAC, students have the opportunity to grow in event planning and leadership as they organize virtual and in-person alumni speaking events.
Applications are due by 5 p.m., this Friday, Nov. 5 via email to Zachary Geiser at email@example.com. You may be asked to attend an interview, next Wednesday, Nov. 10.
To download an application, click here.
Note: Application is a document.
Hassold Retirement Celebration on Nov. 12
Wellness Center Still Open
NEED SOME SORT OF PARDON OUR DUST IMAGE
The Wellness Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, as it undergoes renovations.
You can also reach the Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (810) 762-9650.
Kipper Guinness Wellington III
Your Wellness Wednesday Tips
- Gratefulness Journal: Continue your gratitude journal; if you are struggling with things you are grateful for in your life, start small with “I am grateful for the sunshine today, for my parents, my friends,” and grow your ideas of gratefulness from there.
- One Minute of Relaxation: Green Summer
- Bibliotherapy: Continue reading Gratitude by Oliver Sacks, who is a neurologist who wrote “Awakenings,” which inspired the character played by Robin Williams in the movie of the same name.
- Do Something Kind Without Expecting Anything in Return: Consider sending an anonymous, handwritten note to someone to give them a compliment. Simply note something you noticed they did or said that was positive or helpful and drop the note under their door or office.
- Say “Thank you,” to someone today.
Fundraiser to Help Victims of Human Trafficking
Liberal Studies and Math students will be selling bracelets and necklaces from 11:30 to 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 12 in the Great Court.
Money from the sales will be donated to Prism, a Flint-based organization that provides support to children who are victims of human trafficking.
To learn more about Prism, click here.
Please include a QR code for the site: https://prismprojectmi.org/
IT Upgrades, Maintenance on Saturday
IT is performing maintenance on Kettering servers from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. this Saturday, Nov. 6. During this time, expect a disruption of service to the following systems:
- All applications that authenticate with your Kettering username and password, such as:
- Kettering Google Workspace (Gmail, calendar, chat, drive, etc.)
- Kettering Connect
- All Kettering hosted applications, such as:
- AIMS Parking Services
- APEX Applications, such as:
- COVID Safe Return to Campus app
- KqUest (thesis)
- Axiom (TargetX to Banner integration)
- Bulldog course scheduler
- Evisions Argos (University reporting), intellecheck and FormFusion
- FortiClient VPN
- My Academic Plan (Degree Works) and Transfer Equivalency
- National Clearinghouse eTranscript requests delayed
- Self Service and administrative tools (Banner)
For questions, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or (810) 237-8324.