Research Assistant Opportunity for Students
We are looking for graduate and undergraduate students to work on projects in the area of vibration, finite element analysis, vehicle dynamics, deep learning, and computer vision. The applicants need to be motivated to work in these areas and have a good understanding of mechanical engineering and vibrations.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in the field of MATLAB Programming, Multibody Simulations, Computer Vision, and Vibrations.
The students would start working in the NVH and Experimental Mechanics Laboratory (NVHEM Lab). The students are eligible to receive 20 hr/week support during their study upon satisfactory performance.
If interested, please email your resume to Dr. Javad Baqersad at email@example.com.
- Computer Vision for Structural Health Monitoring
- Health Monitoring of Skin using Vibration Based Techniques
- Nonlinear Modeling of Elastomers
- Development of a Semi-Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Vehicle for Nondestructive Evaluation of Structures using Digital Image Correlation
- Noise Modeling for Electric Motors using Electromagnetic and Vibroacoustic Simulation
- MRI: Acquisition of a 3D Digital Image Correlation System to Enhance Research and Teaching at Kettering University
- Nondestructive Evaluation of Composite Materials with Digital Image Correlation, Acoustic Emission, and Ultrasonic Testing
- Experimental Modal Analysis on a Tire
- A Multi-View Optical Technique to Obtain Mode Shapes of Structures
- Strain Expansion Approach using DIC Mode Shapes
- Effect of Number of Cams in the Tandem Cam Enveloping Model of Short Obstacles
- Development of Tire State Estimator using SWIFT tire model for improved Active Safety
Capstone Projects: Example of capstone projects are listed below
- Exploring Drone Use in DIC
- KU- Intelligent Tire
- Design, Implementation, and Evaluation of Kettering University Autonomous 1/10 Model Car (link to video)
Students in Winter 2018 term make an autonomous car using Traxxas RC Car
- Design a Steer By Wire System
- Measuring Deformation of Rolling Tire